Live Vaccine Interval Rule
- The Live Vaccine Interval rule (also referred to as the Live Virus rule) applies to all Zoster vaccines. For rule details, see the Live Vaccine Interval rule on the General ICE Rules page.
Select Adjuvant Product Interval
Rules for Recommending at the CVX Code vs. Vaccine Group Level
Recommended Interval After Adult Varicella (CVX 21) Doses
- If patient is administered adult varicella (CVX 21) doses, the minimum interval and recommended interval between the adult varicella (CVX 21) doses to Zoster is 8 weeks.
- Varicella (CVX 21) at 50 years, 1 month.
- Varicella (CVX 21) at 50 years, 3 months.
- Recommend Zoster (CVX 187) at Varicella Dose 2 + recommended interval (8 weeks)